The easiest way to collect external data
There are various external data such as stock price, weather, coin price, oil price, and price index. Sometimes, analytics tasks require external data as well as internal operational data.
In this template, we will collect cryptocurrency price data using Outcode's Automation. You can automate data collection in 10 minutes on Outcode.
Notes: Using the Outcode Webhook trigger and the HTTP request task, you can collect various event data.
You can collect Bitcoin and Ethereum data using the free API from Coingetko.
To get the price data of Bitcoin and Ethereum, you can set it up as below.
- Trigger: set to run every minute
- Request URL: https://api.coingecko.com/api/v3/simple/price?ids=bitcoin,ethereum&vs_currencies=usd
- Timestamp Settings : return new Date().toString()
- Google Sheets: worksheet to record your data
You can set the automation to run every 1 minute.
HTTP Request task settings
Copy and paste the Request URL as shown below and select GET for Request Method.
If you want to bring more data, please check the Coingetko API document. Do you know a better way to collect external data? Please reply below and inspire your fellow Outcoders!
Copy and paste the function below to record the exact data collection time.
return new Date().toString()
Test your automation to verify that you are importing the data correctly. You can put the data you collected on Google Sheets.
Google Sheets settings
Select the worksheet to record your data. Make sure to cross-check the data to be entered and columns.
You can now track the price data of Bitcoin and Ethereum as shown below.
Want to do more with your data?
- Use databases like MySQL to avoid possible errors.
- Try collecting a variety of data like user behavior using other APIs.
- Check out our templates and see how you can use your data here.
Share and automate
Outcode helps you to process data in real-time with Automation.
- You can view the data you collected on Datapage.
- Share your Automation with other team members.
- Get your real-time Bitcoin and Ethereum price data sent via Slack or email with Outcode's quick automation feature.